Fairview Caseyville Township Fire Protection District
FREEDOM OF INFORMATION ACT STATEMENT, DOCUMENT LISTING & POLICY
The following information is supplied by the Fairview Caseyville Township Fire Protection District pursuant to Sections 4 and 5 of the Illinois Freedom of Information Act (5 ILCS 140/4 & 5):
- Descriptive Statement:
- The Fairview Caseyville Township Fire Protection District is a public fire protection district organized and operating under the provisions of the Illinois Fire Protection District Act (70 ILCS 705/0.01 et seq.)
- It is located in the following county or counties: St. Clair
- It operates a fire department from the following location or locations:
214 Ashland Ave. and 10045 Bunkum Road.
d. The mailing address of the district is:
214 Ashland Ave., Fairview Heights, IL 62208
e. Persons desiring to contact the district may contact the following:
Chief Bryan L. Doyle.
f. The district is governed by a Board of Trustees consisting of three persons. Meetings of the Board are held on the Third Tuesday of each month, 6:00 p.m., 10045 Bunkum Road, Fairview Heights, IL 62208.
g. The approximate budget of the district is $2,000,000.00 annually.
- The district maintains the following types and categories of records:
- General Ordinances.
- Budget and Appropriation Ordinances adopted annually.
- Property Tax Levy Ordinances adopted annually.
- Financial Reports prepared annually.
- Minutes of meetings of the Board of Trustees and Treasurer’s Reports.
- Vouchers, Bank Statements and Records, and other financial records pertaining to receipts and disbursements of the district.
- Policies and procedures regarding the operation of the district’s fire department.
- Fire and incident reports.
- Personnel and training records.
- Records of the district which are subject to disclosure under the Freedom of Information Act may be requested in writing from the Secretary of the Board of Trustees who is the official custodian of the district’s records. Requests are to be submitted in writing delivered to the attention of the Secretary at the above address.
Request will be processed within the time permitted by the Freedom of Information Act, five (5) working days, unless additional time, as permitted by the Act is required to process the request, in which case the person making the request will be notified in writing of the action taken with reference to the person’s request. Records will generally be made available at the fire station for inspection at a mutually convenient time.
Copies of records will be furnished at the district’s cost of reproduction. Copies will be made following a written request for copies and the payment, in advance, of the copying cost. Any request for a waiver of copying fees must be in writing and accompany the request for copies. The denial of any records request will be in writing to the person making the request and any denial may be appealed to the President of the Board of Trustees of the district, who will render a decision on the appeal within five (5) working days of the notice of appeal. Persons whose appeal is denied may seek judicial review of the denial under Section 11 of the Freedom of Information Act (5 ILCS 140/11).
FAIRVIEW CASEYVILLE TOWNSHIP FIRE PROTECTION DISTRICT
FREEDOM OF INFORMATION RECORDS REQUEST FORM
The undersigned requests the Fairview Caseyville Township Fire Protection District to provide the following records for inspection under the provisions of the Illinois Freedom of Information Act.
Signature of Requesting Party
Printed Name of Requesting Party
Address of Requesting Party
Telephone Number of Requesting Party
/////////////////////////////////////////////For District Use Only////////////////////////////////////////////////////
Date Request Received:_________________________________
Date Request Granted:__________________________________
Date of Inspection:_____________________________________
Date Request Denied:___________________________________
Reason for Denial:_______________________________________________________
Date Denial Communicated: _________________________________
Date Appeal Filed:__________________________________________
Disposition of Appeal:_______________________________________
Date Appeal Decision Communicated:____________________________